After a little debate in FGL chat about framerate (30 looking choppy and 60 being smooth), I went and looked back on an earlier version of my engine. At that point I had lighting implemented, and was able to have around 500 triangles with a rock solid 60fps. The old engine wasn’t too optimized, and wasn’t built for garbage collection, so I went in a new direction.
First of all, I think I’m done with daily blogging. It’s too stressful, and I still post pretty often, so don’t worry. It becomes a problem when I have to post every day though and all I can come up with is lolcats. I’ll try posting some development related things soon. I’ll also be cleaning up the blog again at TVBs suggestion.
Now onto some game stuff.
It’s a zombie shooting game! Of course I’m going to add film grain! It makes things more gritty!
So I was working with some semi-transparent planes to add some darkness / depth to my game, and came across a strange bug.