My wife and I left to visit family in Oklahoma in late May. We were given the gas money to get there, but once we got there, family drama, apartment fires, car problems, and other crap ended up leaving us broke at a friends house.
I’m not happy with the way things are going with Dynamite Max, and I want to save that idea/IP for the future, when my engine is more developed. So now I’m just going to make a sidescrolling zombie shooter. Not nice as Dynamite Max, seeing as there won’t be as many puzzles, storyline, or as many features, but I need money now. This week I’m turning my current Dynamite Max build into a zombie slaughtering fun fest.
Don’t worry, you still get the level editor, platforming fun, and hey, now you get a buncha guns! Hell, it even sounds like an improvement!
Engine was stripped down, rebuilt using Away3DLite. Now I have to turn it back into a game.
Well, what can I say? Switching to Away3DLite was a larger task than I thought it would be, and now that things seem to be working, I’ll have to copy / paste a lot of my old work back into the project, and adapt it to work with the rebuilt engine. Isn’t making games fun?
So today I was playing around and making some new skins for my enemies and my main character, when I decided to do this…
11:43 PM – Urby: looks like he fell in a trash compactor
11:43 PM – [MT]OMalley – TrentSterling: rofl
Doing this made me think about adding a character editor to my game, but then I slapped myself in the balls. I need to get other things finished first.
OK, so it’s just a mummy without the ability to pathfind… He can still chase you around pretty well, and it’s a good preview of what’s to come, even though I’ve had comments saying he looks more like a frosted mini-wheat than a mummy. I’ll have to work on it!
So now that I’m pushing hard to get my game out, I’ve run into some issues. I’ve had to cut a lot of features to get the game out ASAP, and this has helped for the most part. But there are some features which are pretty much finished, but not truly optimized. Here’s an image of my game with bloom, lighting, and other effects applied.